Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Hobby?

I signed up for a quilt class and started last week. The quilt I am starting with is hand appliqued. The hardest part is selecting fabric. The fabrics I chose are Konabay Asian prints. I know how odd. I just kept going back to them in the fabric store. They were calling to me.

I am looking forward to learning something new and different. I loved my first class. It was fun to meet the women in the class. Ken wanted to know if they were all really old. No - every age. They are all working on amazing quilts in all different styles. I love that there is a real revival with younger people doing hand crafts. Now I know I'm not younger by any stretch but so many younger women that I know are trying their hand at sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting and other hand crafts.

1 comment:

Connie H said...

That's quite a stack, what size is your quilt? Some day I need to take a quilt class so that i can learn the proper way to cut and sew them, for now I'll just improvize. Can't wait to see the finished product.