Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rockin' Runnin' Playlist






Last week Ken and I joined our friends Liz and Elliott for a Styx and REO Speedwagon Concert. It was great. I had forgotten how much I love that old rock music, especially Styx. It's just great, heart pumpin', rockin' stuff. It makes you want to get up and move. What? Get up and move? That's right get up and move, which means that it would be the perfect music for a playlist to run to.

So here it is my new playlist for running. I used it today and I have to say that it made a difference. It gave me a little extra kick in my step as I bonded with the treadmill.

So here is my Rockin' Runnin' Playlist that is not for the faint of heart. You must have a love of great 70's and 80's Rock to fully appreciate it. How did I decide - well all I had to do was think High School. Most of these were on albums I would listen to at night in my room with earphones on the size of large hamburger buns.



Warm up:
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Run girl run:
Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man) - Styx
All Right Now - Free
Roll With the Changes - REO Speedwagon
Radar Love - Golden Earing
Baba O'Riley - The Who
Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas
Jungle Love - Steve Miller Band
Juke Box Hero - Foreigner
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp
Life In The Fast Lane - The Eagles
Renegade - Styx
Cool down:
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.
Dog & Butterfly - Heart

Finally - what's missing. Yup I still need Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights. This is not on iTunes? Ah! I may have to buy the CD.

So what else am I missing? Any suggestions?


5 comments:

Sean, Stacey and McKenzie said...

Wow, that music list is way over my head! But I am glad you had fun at the concert! You and Ken are so cool. ;)

Amanda said...

I Love it! I love the whole post! Especially the picture!!!! I should have my iPOD sync with yours....Kevin would be proud!

Love it!

Amanda said...

PS-I am currently listening to accuradio.com "flock of 80's" play list...it's rockin!

Natalie said...

Umm... nice buns, I think the pic stole the awesomeness factor from your playlist!

Connie H said...

Lisa,
Here is a web store that has Bob Seger-Hollywood Nights for GET THIS .09 cents. www.mp3search.ru/album.html?id=32204
It's true, enjoy.