Friday, July 11, 2008

Wheat


This may very well be the most exciting post you ever read here. Wheat. That's right. Last night Ken and I canned 60 cans of wheat, thats 300 lbs., thats a year supply for one person. I am having visions of having to use that wheat. I see myself opening that can looking at that beautiful wheat and then saying, "Now what?" Does anyone have a recipe for Frosted Mini Wheats, or perhaps someone can tell me how to actually get wheat bread to rise. I hear if you put raw wheat in your mouth and chew for a really long time it's like chewing gum. I always really have liked gum.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I have some recipes. I have a recipe for bread. It is a "no knead" bread. Just flour, yeast and salt. pretty easy!

Kathryn said...

That sounds so exciting!! I hope we don't have to use it because doesn't that (most of the time) mean that has been a disaster? Disasters are not fun.

Jodi Jean said...

HOLY MOLEY ... that's a LOT of wheat. and only 1 person! i have no idea what to do with wheat (which i why we don't have any)

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Lisa,
I will up your 300 lbs by 300lbs. If something happens we can chew raw wheat together. I guess we need to hire Cindy Hampton to teach us a thing or two.

Anonymous said...

actually, i have already talked with cindy about teaching me how to make bread! can't wait for my first lesson! my goal is to make a perfect loaf before my 100th loaf!