Sunday, January 11, 2009

Moonstruck


"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie thats Amore" Wow the moon was hitting my eye big time tonight. Thanks to my friend Lori who called to tell me, I got an eyeful. She also gave me some tips on getting a photo. I tried them and this is what I got. Not bad considering the wind was gusting at 50 mph.

So this also makes me think of one of my favorite movies ever.
Yup, Moonstruck. Maybe I should watch it in honor of that big bright moon. It is Cher at her best. She isn't my favorite but she is beautiful in this film. And as for Nicholas Cage as Ronny, what can I say, I love his character, his lines, his missing hand. His romantic lines like this one:

(the following lines are rated PG-13)

Ronny Cammareri: Everything seems like nothing to me now, 'cause I want you in my bed. I don't care if I burn in hell. I don't care if you burn in hell. The past and the future is a joke to me now. I see that they're nothing. I see they ain't here. The only thing that's here is you - and me.

Or how about this one - (also rated PG-13)

Ronny Cammareri: Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and *die*. The storybooks are *bullshit*. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and *get* in my bed!

Wow I guess he wanted her in his bed. Anyways a great love story. And just once in my life I would love to have long black beautiful hair like Cher does in the flick.

OK so now that the few of you who have access to my private blog have read this entry you are probably never coming back again. I am sorry if it has been to weird, or in anyway offensive. What can I say.....When the moon hits your eye! And with all that I am off to ruin myself on love and spend some time with my man.

No comments: