Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FOR MY KIDS



Time

This year in Primary we gave the children a 3 minute hour glass to remind them to read their scriptures each day for just 3 short minutes.  Yesterday in my travels to return the last few things from Christmas I noticed hour glasses in the home decorations department of one of the stores.  They were spiffy with special little stands to put them on.  They were also expensive but that's another story.  I've been thinking about time a lot lately.

How to use my time wisely.
What to do with my time.
Why has time gone so fast?
How much time is left?
What is most important to do with my time?
If certain things are worth my time.
Do I give enough time to important things?
Wishing I could go back in time and do some things differently.

Anyways you get the drift.  I recently visited a website on Happiness.  The writer states "The days are long, but the years are short".  So true.  How did all the years go so quickly and how did I get this old?  So with the new year I am hoping to figure out how to best use my time.  It may be a process.  It WILL be a process.  I know that I want to spend more time connecting with family and friends.  I want more time spent improving myself spiritually & physically.   I have an educational goal that I want to complete.  I also want to take time to appreciate what I have and enjoy the moment that I am in.

What are you going to do with your time?  Are you going to try something new or rededicate yourself to something you have already started?  What would you do if someone gave you an extra hour every day?
Let me know what you think.  It really won't take much time .....

HOUSEKEEPING:  I was told by my kids that they like when I keep my blog up and going.  I was going to scrap it.  So here you go kids.  This of course is probably only read by you so you must make comments.  Show me the love!

WHAT'S THAT:  If by chance someone stumbles upon this and is confused.  Primary is essentially what most churches would refer to as Sunday School for the Children.

3 comments:

Connie H said...

The Time concept is interesting when you think about it. I seem to let my responsibilities and commitments dectate how my time is spent. I hope to be more aware of how I spend my time. Thanks for the wake up is how fast time really is passing.

Anonymous said...

This is so great! I decided not to make any new year's resolutions this year because I tend to just get disappointed in myself but instead of not making any this year, I am going to follow your example and commit to spending my time on things that are really important. Thanks!! I will think about the 3 minute hourglass, that's a great visual for me :D

Kathryn said...

Thanks for keeping this up Mom! I appreciate it. Also, I've realized that I don't really spend my time wisely. I should probably work on that. I love you!