Saturday, April 7, 2007

It seemed like a good idea



Since Natalie was in town I thought it would be a great time to go visit Huntington Gardens. I haven't been there since I was a kid but I remembered that it was a cool place. We thought we could check out the Museums and take some nice pictures. We decided on Thursday since it was free to get in. We started out on our adventure with high hopes of a relaxing day strolling through the gardens enjoying the beautiful weather, flowers, and art. When we got off the freeway we hit a brick wall of cars. After driving for about 3 miles down a one lane residential street that goes into the gardens at a snails pace we new we were in trouble. We ended up having to park outside the gardens in a residential area. There were hundreds of cars parked everywhere and people galore. We decided to tough it out and go in anyway. After all it was free and we were there. I have to say that it was like being at Disneyland. People crawling all over the place. The gardens were beautiful but forget taking a picture without ten thousand people in it. Is my memory of the place warped or has it always been this way. I vote that they start taking reservations and limit the number of people that they let in. Oh, well we have a good story anyways. Here are couple of pics that give you some idea of how it was.

No comments: