Monday, October 27, 2008

Pomegranate Jelly

On Saturday I noticed that Pomegranates were selling for $3.45 each at the grocery store. I didn't buy any. I got an email from a fearless friend to join her along with anyone else who was brave enough to make pomegranate jelly. I was considering it and then Ken mentioned that he would love some of that jelly. That sealed the deal. So bright and sort of early Monday I gathered my jars, sugar, pectin, apron and knife and joined my friends for our pomegranate adventure.

First we cleared off the tree, then we set to work preparing the fruit. The seeds were such a beautiful color. We juiced, cooked, stirred and bottled all morning.

These jars are the result of our hard work. Let me say it takes a whole lot of pomegranate to make a little bit of jelly but it tastes soooooo good. Of course the best part was all of us working together. Thanks Nancy.

4 comments:

Laura Kae Brandler said...

How cool that is, I love making jelly and jam. Enjoy it. I miss your mom's plum tree here in La Verne and her yummy plum jelly.

Amanda said...

I have never had pomegranate jelly! It sounds deliscious!

Lynn said...

YUMMY.
We use to have that in california. a friend would make it for us. looks so pretty. a restraunt puts the seeds in salad. that is really yummy and it looks pretty.
lynn

Amanda said...

I have never had any either, but it sounds like it would be good!!