Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Impostor!



I had to stop by the mall to pick up something for the kid-do. I was walking down the street, turned the corner and there it was the IMPOSTOR, THE FAKE, THE PHONEY BALONEY.

That's right folks. They were putting up the Christmas tree. The very tree that every year I see looking all green and fluffy and shiny and sparkly is really a sad looking, thin limbed, excuse for a tree.


Please notice the piles of branches on the ground. Please notice worker man on lift nailing the branches into the tree so it looks fluffy, and thick and divine. Not in the picture (so you won't notice, but trust me) three workers sitting and watching the one worker man doing the work.



Now I expect the snow on the Santa house to have fake snow. I know this is So Cal. But the tree.........?

Maybe I shouldn't be so upset. I guess most of us are adding on, slapping on, rubbing on, spraying on, who knows maybe even nailing on, extras to make ourselves look better. Are we impostors?

I guess I will give Ms. Christmas tree a break. But I am not going back until she is finished. It's as if I saw her naked. (shudder).

p.s. if any of you want to see this travashamokery they will probably still be working on it tomorrow at Victoria Gardens.

No comments: